Observer supports a better environment by supporting environmental noise measurement practices. Observer Noise consists of 3 modules: 1. Noise Measurement Devices: It stores the environmental noise data by measuring in decibels. Observer can measure environmental noise by two different device classes:
- Class 2 Device: Measures in the range of 1000 ± 125 Hz. Its accuracy range is ±3 dB.
- Class 1 Device: Measures from 31.5 Hz to 16000 Hz more sensitively at 8 main frequencies. Its accuracy range is ±2 dB and hence more than Type2. For more information
2. Communication Terminals: Collecting the data on-site environmental noise measurement devices, it transmits the data to the central server over GPRS connection to be stored and analyzed via reports. Furthermore it evaluates the noise data on-site and sends an alarm SMS and/or e-mail if the alarm treshold is exceeded. 3. Central Server: The data stored in he central server database can be retrieved by the users by a web browser. Alarms can be screened. Following are possible through Noise Observer:
- Noise data collected from noise measurement stations are transmitted to center in decibels after being analysed by GPRS and EDGE telemetry devices.
- Data can be monitored on mobile phones, main servers and internet.
- When the decibel limits are exceeded, the authorized inspectors are alerted by sending SMSes to their mobile phones.
- Through reporting tools the historical noise data can be evaluated statistically and success graphic can be viewed in desired time intervals.
- The location of stations where the system is set-up can be changed.
- The system brought environmental efforts to a higher dimension by utilizing recyclable energy resources like solar energy.